Must Have: Tarte's CC Matte beMATTEnificent Amazonian Clay palette

Monday, March 17, 2014


tarte matte amazonian clay palette bemattenificent
tarte matte amazonian clay palette bemattenificent

I remember saying after I got the Naked 3 palette that I'd never need another palette again.

I was wrong.

I've actually had Tarte's CC Matte beMATTEnificent Amazonian clay palette for a while but I haven't blogged about it yet because I'm so in love with it I don't know what to say. It's definitely on my must-have list. I take it with me when I travel, I recommend it to everyone, I use it more often than anything else (alright, about 50/50 with the Naked 3 - I still love that thing too). I love it. I love love love it.

First off, the packaging is epic. The cut-away gemstone pattern is an enchanting intro to the colours inside, and the case is nice and heavy, but slim enough that I can carry it easily in my purse. It also comes with a sheet of paper with two looks - one for day and one for night - mapped out and with instructions so it can be easily re-created.

The pallette itself is 8 matte eye colours and a blusher in gorgeous purple, pink & taupe tones. It's extremely versatile, and the brush that comes with has both defining and blending ends for a multitude of looks. I've swatched them below for you:

tarte matte amazonian clay palette bemattenificent swatches
From top left: Sand Out From the Crowd, Peach for the Stars, Two Plums Up, Don't Stand Black, Pink Outside the Box, Rose to the Occasion, View from the Taupe, Dream in Chocolate

The lightest colour is a bit hard to see on my skin tone but the matte texture makes for a really lovely natural look. I am not a person who likes a lot of shimmer so it really is great to have an all-matte palette. Plus, purples and pinks look great with brown eyes (or any eyes, really, I love me some purple) and the blusher is a really subtle, rosey pink. Actually, a lot of these colours work well with the Naked 3 palette if you're looking to combine mattes and shimmers. The black and brown colours (Dream in Chocolate & Don't Stand Black) are great for both lining and creating a more smokey look, but I personally like the darkest purple (Two Plums Up) for a bit of a twist on a smokey eye.

Overall, I've found it to be really versatile and easy to apply and blend. Pair it with Tarte's Lights, Camera, Flashes mascara for a high-def look!




Post a Comment