Evil Queen Beauty's Favourites of 2013 Part 1: Getting Naked with Urban Decay & Fresh skincare

Sunday, January 12, 2014


Happy 2014, Beauty Queens! It's time for the obligatory 2013 favourites post.

I'm going to start off with the best thing that 2013 had to offer, the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. The Naked Palettes have been a big hit with the blogger world, but up until now, they've all been too, well, brown. I'm not a brown person, and actually I actively avoid it. All these "natural" palettes are brown and beige and fucking boring. So I haven't really been all that thrilled with the Naked palettes until now. There was a huge buzz when UD announced that they were doing a third version, and I was SO THRILLED to find that it was a beautiful pinky palette. They call them "rose gold" shades, and they range from soft glimmery pinks to more golden colours, and a lovely defining grey and black with red glimmers at the end. It's safe to say I'm in love, and there are so many beautiful combinations that I really feel like I never need another palette again. The colours blend flawlessly and last all day, and the brush that comes with the set is pretty much perfect for creating a multitude of looks. I'm so pleased and it was totally worth the money.





Urban Decay is one of my favourite brands, so the other products I'm putting on this list are the Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup which I use every day and pair with their Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer Potion and I always set with All Nighter Setting Spray. I used to use their cream-to-powder foundation, but since that has been discountinued, the liquid foundation has been serving me well. I definitely recommend using the primer though as I find it wears a little bit by the end of the work day.

The B6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray was something that came in a sample bag and I was a little bit confused as to what it was for, but I use it before I put on my moisturizer and it really helps my skin absorb the moisture and stay moisturized throughout the day. Right after I shower I spritz it on and I never feel wanting for moisture, even with the winter cold. It's really useful if you have super dry skin like me.


Fresh is definitely my favourite skincare brand of 2013. They're a little bit on the pricey end but I really love the products and they've lasted me a good long time, so I don't regret shelling out for them. The Soy Face Cleanser and Moisturizing Cream are part of my daily skincare routine and have never failed me. My skin has never felt softer and smoother.

The Brown Sugar Body Polish works wonders for my skin. I have very dry skin which can get scratchy and flaky, and this stuff makes everything smooth as all get out. The first time I used it at my boyfriend's place, he said I was "all marinated", so it passes the boy touch test! I use the Sugar Lip Polish before I put on my lipstick and it really helps soothe my chapped winter lips so that my lipstick goes on flawless and stays flawless throughout the day. Pretty much is my entire skincare routine was Fresh products, I'd be really happy. I'd be broke, but really happy, and with fucking flawless skin.

Stay tuned for part 2,






2 comments