Evil Queen Beauty's Favourites of 2013 Part 2: Friends with Benefits

Sunday, January 19, 2014



On my first Sephora haul, I picked up a sampler box of Benefit products called "Goodtime Gals", and it contained the absolute gem that is Girl Meets Pearl. It's sort of a liquid highlighter with a really good sheen that gives you that dewy, radiant look without being too overpowering. What I've been doing is putting a little on the apples of my cheeks and my cheekbones to get that highlight, but you could really use it just about anywhere you needed a little bit of a light reflector.

Watt's Up has a similar highlighting effect but much more subtle. It's a cream stick instead of a liquid and is a little less powerful than the Girl Meets Pearl. I've been using it when I want just a little bit of glow on my cheeks and also under my eyebrows. I have Watt's Up in a travel size too, so it can go in my purse and I just swipe some  on when I need it for that little lift. They're maybe not every day products, but they work really well. Definitely going to buy the full size when it comes time to do so.

A lot of bloggers have been raving about the They're Real Mascara, and I kind of have to join in a little bit. I used to use Benefit's Bad Gal but found that it flaked a little too much. Since then I've been using Buxom Lash for my everyday, which is great but doesn't give me as much drama as the Bad Gal did. They're Real is all up on the drama. You get thick, long lashes and it's a great effect for going out. I had a little trouble with clumping but not so much with flaking, which is great. It's still a great product from Benefit and definitely worth a buy.

Now the Benefit Skincare Kit is definitely something I want to rave about. I'm always looking for great moisturizers and exfoliators, and Benefit is one of my favourite brands so I was looking forward to trying out their skincare line. The Total Moisture Facial Cream is fucking perfect. It's thick, creamy, lasts all day, smells nice, soaks perfectly into my skin, and is definitely a fullsize purchase. I've been using it at night and my Fresh Moisturizer during the day, but you could also use it during the day. Definitely loving it.

Out of the skincare kit I also really love the It's Potent Eye Cream which is so smooth and great for my tired morning eyes. It helps  moisturize that area (which I need, from scrubbing off all that winged eyeliner) and brightens any darkness that's there. I've also just started using the Moisture Prep Toning Lotion after reading Into The Gloss' "What Is Toner" and I'm liking it so far. It gives me a nice base before my moisturizer in the morning, and is cooling and creamy.

I really like that you can get a sample pack, and I highly recommend it if you're looking for a new skincare line to try, and the packaging is very old-timey apothecary looking which I love. They remind me of Harry Potter potion bottles! They have other products like the Remove It Makeup Remover and the Ultra Radiance Facial Re-Hydrating Mist that I'm interested in trying too.

Over all, loving what Benefit is doing right now.


Post a Comment