The Body Electric: Urban Decay's Electric Palette

Sunday, April 13, 2014

urban decay electric palette eyeshadow makeup

Okay so, I know I talked about in my last post about my style being more black-white-grey-red than anything else, and that's totally true. But I do love me some neons, especially for the summer. When UD first started sending marketing emails about this palette, they were geared towards the festival crowd, and as my ass can't afford to go to Coachella, I didn't even bother to look. But soon I started seeing swatches popping up on the blogs, and I knew I had to have it.

urban decay electric palette eyeshadow makeup

urban decay electric palette eyeshadow makeup

Welcome to the Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette.

Essentially this palette is the complete opposite of the Naked palettes, and gets back to what UD was when I first started buying the brand - bright, highly pigmented colours that you don't really find anywhere else. This isn't your average palette. This is a palette for the bold, the brave, and the wild.

I was so gleeful when I opened the palette for the first time that I actually kept the swatches on my arm for a while, because I kept looking at them and going "look how BRIGHT they are!!" They really are bright, and the color lasts a long time even without a primer. But obviously a primer enhances them even more, and UD also has a great page for the palette complete with blogger looks to help those who may be at a loss as to what to do with anything that isn't a nude.

The other great thing about this palette is that I'm seeing the colours used in new ways - for eyebrows, as hair chalk, even on lips. So seriously, go nuts. I've used it in my brows (the blues and purples are better for darker brows, but go over them with concealer and primer first and then do whatever), used it as coloured liner - the palette is so versatile for what it is. I totally encourage finding new and weird ways to use bright colour. Be unexpected, be experimental. This palette makes me want to look like Effie Trinket from the Hunger Games with crazy brows and lips and whatever.

So, basically, if you're not afraid to have people staring at your face a little, this palette is highly recommended. It's totally badass, and totally worth it.




3 comments

  1. I love colour but this scares me too much! Fab post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty much never would have even considered spending 50 damn dollars on a color palette, but after reading this blog post I went and checked the Electric palette on UD's website, and after many days of gazing longingly and reading all the fantastic reviews, I caved and bought it as a kind of mini wedding gift to myself. And oh. My. Glub. It's amazing. I'm actually shocked at how amazing it is. The brush is so perfect that I feel like a flippin' pro using it! I'm totally in love, and I never would have tried it without this blog post, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you love it!! Please take pictures and send them to me! I bet these colours look great on you, you look good in bright and bold

      PS lets get drinks pleaseeeee

      Delete