More Nudity: Urban Decay's Naked Flushed Palette

Tuesday, April 29, 2014


As you all know, I'm a big fan of Urban Decay's products, so when I decided to start wearing bronzer and maybe doing a little bit of contouring, Urban Decay was a natural place to start.

The Naked: Flushed palette is so easy to use. Basically it's like Contouring 101 - it includes a buildable, sheer bronzer, a very pink blusher, and a shimmery champagne coloured highlighter. I've been using this every day on my face and have been very pleased. Here's what I look like with it:


Basically what I'm doing is placing the bronzer in the hollows of my cheeks (and yes I'm sucking them in to do that so I get the placement just right) and also a bit along my hairline so it looks natural. To do this I'm using the (weirdly enough) ELF Studio Blush brush. That brush has sort of a pointed tip so I can get it right in the hollows, and then also blend it really well. Another reason why that kind of brush is great, or an angled blush brush, is because I'm using bronzer on the sides of my nose to slim it down a little (#bignoseproblems).

After bronzer, I'm either using the blusher on the apples of my cheeks and then highlighter along the cheekbones and down the center of my nose, or lately I've been mixing both the blusher and highlighter on my brush together. This creates a more sheer, natural look. The pink blush in this can be a little overwhelming if it's too heavy handed, and combining both on the brush will even it out a little. Plus you get a nice, natural highlight that way.

I'm really loving the Naked Flushed palette because it's easy to use for every day, and I like having all the products I need in one case, especially when I'm travelling. It stays pretty much all day (but better to use your All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray as always) and is really great for basic contouring. Apparently also I'm going for a pretty much all Naked products face. Another win for Urban Decay!

PS - how is everyone liking the new layout? I think it's way easier to navigate, don't you? And I'm loving my little crown social media icons! Thanks so much to Eve of Epic Eleven Designs for all your help, I really love what you've done with the place. And if you're in the market for a new blog layout, she's having 25% off in her etsy shop right now!


Post a Comment