Do Ya Blowout

Friday, June 13, 2014



I don't know about you, but I still find it really difficult to get the perfect blowout at home. I always feel really great after going to the salon, and a salon blowout will usually last me about two days. But I have short hair, I can't manage to do it as good as a stylist can. So I need some product help.

Obviously starting off with a great wash is the best way to get great hair. I've been using Redken's Color Extend Magnetics shampoo and conditioner to protect my color, and I love it. I also try to do a treatment once in a while (try Lush's Jasmine & Henna Fluff Eaze ) to keep my hair smooth and well hydrated. This is especially important if you're using a lot of heat with your hair. I blowout and flat iron, so I have to be really careful. My hair is also naturally very frizzy and poofy, so a smoothing treatment helps keep it under control.

Before blowing out, I'm using Redken's Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer to keep my hair smooth and protected while I blowdry, but this also helps speed up the process. I have thick hair and it takes a long time to dry, so I don't want to be sitting here for a half hour just working on my blowdry. Ain't nobody got time for that.

After my blowdry, I flat iron to perfection (read: till it's bone straight) and spray with Redken's Pillow Proof Blow Dry Two Day Extender & Oil Obsorbing Dry Shampoo. Now, I am not a dry shampoo girl. Usually they're too heavy and make my hair really sticky and gross. But this one is nice and light, and if it keeps my hair nice overnight so that I don't have to do anything when I wake my ass up at 6am for work, I am all about that.

The Redken products are a good alternative to Bumble and bumble's Straight Blow Dry cream which I also really love, but is a little more expensive. I've been using this system regularly and I've never been so happy with my blowout.

What products give you the best blowout! Tell me in the comments below!


Post a Comment