The Best Part of Waking Up: Soap & Glory's Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub

Monday, June 30, 2014

soap & glory, body scrub

I really love exfoliators, and I will tell you why. I have super dry and itchy skin, and it's vital for me to scrub off dry flaky skin cells so that I have super smooth skin. And granted I probably don't exfoliate as often as I should because I get lazy, but when I do, I see a really huge difference not only in how smooth my skin is, but in how itchy it is also.

Now that it's summer and everyone's got their skirts and shorts on, I'm noticing how years of scratching at my dry skin has effected me. My legs in particular have dark scars from constant scratching and my skin breaks very easily so I bleed and have scabs and bruises quite frequently. It's really bad and it makes me feel very self conscious about my skin, to the point of not wanting to wear shorts in the summertime. And I've tried all sorts of lotions and creams and such and nothing really makes the itching stop, just maybe prevents it for a few hours at most. So I have to be super diligent about taking care of my skin.

In an effort to do this, I've started using Jane Park's Shower Method. Jane Park is the CEO of Julep, and basically her theory is this: exfoliate away first, then cleanse - this way you're cleansing the new layer of skin cells rather than dead ones, and the moisture from your body wash will get into your skin more easily. So far, it's definitely making a difference.

But of course, the exfoliating is crucial. So I've started using Soap & Glory's Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub.

Okay so I wanna start off by saying this shit smells amazeballs. It's like...brown sugar oatmeal goodness. It does smell like something you could eat (but don't, cuz that's gross). And it feels like rubbing brown sugar on your skin too. Unlike Soap & Glory's Flake Away, it's a much thicker exfoliator so you really get a good scrub, which is what I need. I like a really hardcore exfoliator that really scrubs off all that dead, dry skin. And I love Soap & Glory's products - they always smell amazing, and they definitely work. So exfoliate, cleanse, and then rub your skin down with Soap & Glory's The Righteous Butter in that 3-minute window after you shower to lock in moisture and get the ultimate smooth, silky skin.

Works like a charm.


2 comments

  1. I love, love, love this. It smells amazing and does the job. The only downside is that every time I use it, I really want pancakes.

    ReplyDelete