But First, Lemme Take a Selfie: Julep's Photogenic Palette

Monday, December 8, 2014



Frequent readers of this blog know I'm a huge fan of Julep products. I've been a Maven (their monthly nail polish subscription box) for over a year and it's the only box I haven't cancelled yet. They have great colours, great deals, and their customer service is amazing. 

But while Julep is best known for their nail polish, their other beauty products are pretty badass too - I've been happy with their lipglosses especially. But in the eyeshadow department, I felt they were lacking. Their first palette was a mini sort of Naked Basics knock-off deal, with boring boring browns and taupes and it was boring and nothing special. Then they had gel/liquid eyeshadows for a while that didn't really go over well either. 

But when I saw this baby, I knew I had to have it. Enter Sweep - The Photogenic Palette

First off, the colours are beautiful. It's not your average Naked knock-off palette. There are bright, holiday-ready colours in here. The colour payoff is really great too - each tone has got just the right amount of shimmer and the pigment is bold while still being really wearable. The formula blends really well, and you can use this one palette for a whole variety of looks, from something more natural to a bolder, brighter vibe. 


From bottom: Flash (which you can barely see since it's almost the exact same colour as my arm), Gala, Focus, Pose, Filter, Sepia, Icon, Selfie, Debut, Star, Fame.

The brush it comes with is really nice too - dual ended with soft bristles. I've been having so much fun creating looks with this palette. It's unexpected, and a really great holiday offering from Julep.

The Photogenic Palette  makes for a great gift for makeup lovers in your life, or for yourself! It's on special discount right now and its TOTALLY WORTH IT. Julep winning it yet again. 






Post a Comment